Finally it’s there. Here is the release version of my WinIPConfig tool. Completely rewritten, it is now capable to configure Windows 7 systems as well.
Having this tool installed on your notebook, you can easily
- Maintain different static IP address setups on your computer. You don’t need to dig through the Windows dialog boxes anymore in order to reconfigure an IP address.
- Bring a NIC back to DHCP configuration.
- Maintain static routes on your computer.
- Add or remove secondary IP addresses (for advanced users…)
- Get a comprehensive overview of the IP addresses and network properties on your computer.
Please don’t hesitate to provide feedback, additional ideas and of course bug reports to me.
Click here to download WinIPConfig2012.
How does the UI look like? Here is a screenshot:
After slowly building up my new web presence I’m also revising the software tools I’ve published on my previous page. Today, I’m publishing an updated installer of IP Workshop 2.2.0. There are no new features in this version. It is just a newly compiled release after checking compatibility with Windows 7.
Download IP Workshop 2.2.0 Build 90 here.
Click on the pictures below to see some Quick Reference Charts for the most important functions of IP Workshop 2.2.0
Unicast IP Address Examination Reference Chart
Multicast IP Address Examination Reference Chart
Integer Number Calculator and Converter Reference Chart
Subnet Mask Reference Chart
Building and maintaining a static web site by typing HTML codes in a text editor and uploading the results by FTP seemed me pretty anachronistic and old-school. So, after struggling many month with several CMS products I have finally decided to move forward with WordPress.